Are you one of those people who likes setting New Years Resolutions? If you’re anything like me you’ve broken them already! I much prefer setting New Years Goals – it gives me a whole year to succeed rather than failing miserably in the first week!
And being a compulsive goal setter I tend to set them in every area of my life!!
So my question for you today is:
What dog related goals are you setting for yourself this year?
- Help your dog to lose that excess weight?
- Solve that problem training area once and for all?
- Remember to worm him more regularly?
- Remember to groom him occasionally?
- Get another puppy?
- Start a new activity with your dog? – agility, flyball, heel work to music?
- Take him to the beach for the first time? (Not easy around here!)
- Try out a few new walks in your area? (ideas below)
- Start training classes?
- It’s good to have goals. If you’re even reading this website it shows that you want more from your dog than just a furry body in front of the fire, so it’s worth thinking about!
My goals with my dogs?
I want Tiegan (working cocker spaniel) to be good enough to compete at agility – and to win! (It’s not the taking part that counts, it’s the winning, but don’t tell my kids!!)
And I want to get into the show ring with Heidi (miniature schnauzer puppy) – a whole new world for me!
Of course, as a dog photographer I get to meet all types of dogs all the time, and my goal is always to find out more about the different breeds I come across. I love doing that, and it’s a continual challenge.
So, question for you today: what’s your goal with your dog for 2012?
Put it on our Facebook page! Once it’s in print you’ll feel much more motivated and I’d love to hear them!